Friday, September 23, 2011

Happily Ever After....

I know I'm a little late in writing this blog but in 2 short weeks, Jon & I will have been married a year. This year went extremely fast and was quite eventful. I would have to say that our wedding and honeymoon were quite remarkable and one day in fifty years I would like to look back and this blog and feel as though I am living the moment over. Although its been 11 months ago...I still remember it very well. So here you go this will be long.

Wedding Day: October 9, 2010

Jon & I got married at Fort Macon State Park on the beach at 2 pm. If any of you really know me I am a very organized person and like to be planned and on time everywhere. My sister Amanda was my maid of honor...she did a wonderful job and kept me in line the whole time. She did my updo for my hair and makeup. Here we are after the wedding.


Amanda & I arrive to the wedding before the minister. But I didn't know that because we were sitting in the car with the air condition going...who could really blame us my dress had three layers of material under it. But our wonderful photographer Graham Hunt and Erin Klein got this action shot of Jon trying to find out where the minister was. I must say I have a hot husband.


Wedding was a success...not a cloud in the sky and a beautiful sunny day. Here are some photos from our wedding day.


After saying "I Do"


Kisses from the most wonderful parents a girl could ask for.



Jon's family (Our funny photo)


My family


The Happy Married Couple



Saying our vows.

Our reception was held at Jack's Waterfront Bar in Morehead City. Here are some photos from the reception.

Jason & Kyndal Griswold, Savannah & Jon Helms, DJ Helms and Brie Ballou

Sunland Co-workers at one point!!

Throwing the bouquet and Amanda caught it!


Amanda was prepared to tackle someone to get the bouquet.


Singing Chicken Fried

After our first dance.

Cutting the cake.

Yep it went up both of our noses.

DJ caught the garter. (DJ and Brie are getting married 2012)


 Dancing with Amanda!

After our reception all of the family met at Texas Steakhouse for dinner. It was a wonderful time. Sorry I don't have any pictures of that.

Have to say this day was one amazing day that took over a year to plan and was worth every penny.





















No comments:

Post a Comment