Friday, October 7, 2011

Snapshot


A quick snapshot of our first year of marriage.


Kaylee with her mom and dad.
After the hustle and bustle of getting back in the grove of things, unpacking and tons of  laundry from our honeymoon. We begin to decorate for Halloween...Jon & I may be in our late twenties but we are still kids at heart and love decorating for all the holidays. We craved pumpkins with Kaylee (our niece) and her family, this was her first time craving pumpkins..she had a blast. Halloween comes and we had to chase down trick or treaters...they were scared of Mufasa and Ginger. Halloween comes and goes and so do the decorations.


Mufasa with Kaylee's rubber duckie.

Thanksgiving Day is fast approaching...I am working on recipes...my weakness anything with pumpkin in it. I made pumpkin cheesecake and pumpkin soup. Its time for the dinners and leftovers. We went to my parents house the weekend prior to Thanksgiving and then we go to Jon's aunts house on Thanksgiving Day. So we get two weekends of Thanksgiving...thats alright with me. The day after Thanksgiving we begin Christmas decorating and wrapping gifts. Christmas Day is slowly approaching and I listen to nothing but Christmas tunes...at work, car and house...I mean everywhere. We went to my parents and grandparents houses the weekend prior to Christmas and then did Christmas with Jon's family on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

Jon & I for our first Christmas as Mr. & Mrs. Helms



We had snow for Christmas!







 








My Family



We purchased a bearded dragon in December...Berri, she will be 1 yr old this month.

Yay for the New Year 2011: We had a total of three snow storms at the beach this winter...crazy right. Jon started the Aircraft Maintenance program at Craven in January.

Our first Valentines Day as Mr & Mrs. Helms. Jon bought me a plant, chocolate, steak dinner and a chick flick, doesn't get much better than that.


Diaper Cake
Ginger


Berri

 
Started making diaper cakes in March because I knew so many prego ladies and I wanted to do a unique gift.  In May we went to Kings Dominion for the day...walked all over the place...enjoyed Busch Gardens a whole lot better. In August what    a busy month...lots of baby showers, 10 yr class reunion, and Hurricane Irene. 
  


 Yay for our first year of marriage, what a busy and fast year that was.
 
Savannah Helms


  


 







No comments:

Post a Comment