Friday, November 25, 2011

All Hallows Eve

Nothing beats a haunted moonlit night on All Hallows Eve.... And on this fatal night, at this witching time, the starless sky laments black and unmoving.  The somber hues of an ominous, dark forest are suddenly illuminated under the emerging face of the full moon.  ~Kim Elizabeth

What can I say I love Halloween...the decorations, candy, carving pumpkins, dressing up and trick or treaters.  Also, Halloween is the kick off for the most wonderful time of year.


So this Halloween was no different...we decked the house out with Halloween decor. We even had a fog machine in the yard...although we had to move it around a couple of times for the full effect due to the wind. We carved pumpkins the Wednesday prior to Halloween with my sister in law and her little sweetie Kaylee. Also we had our neighbors come over...Carmen and Kayden.
All of our pumpkins.


Jon, Savannah & Kaylee

Prior to the big day...Jon & I designed my costume...I was a black spider. This took some creativity because its hard to find a costume that covers your butt these day. Anyhow...I purchased some black pantyhose, doll stuffing, black face paint, black nail polish, black thread, black turtleneck, black headband and styrofoam balls.


I stuffed 4 pantyhose with doll stuffing and put two more layers of pantyhose so you couldn't see the stuffing.  Then came the most grueling part...sewing the legs on to the turtleneck. I may be crafty but I dislike sewing. While I was sewing Jon painted the styrofoam balls black and put red dots on them for eyes and then glued them to the headband.  After what seemed like a four hour process I was finished...finally. Now comes the trying on part...tried the shirt on and Jon stitched up all my arms to move at the same time. Then Jon proceeds to paint my face black for the full effect and then put my headband on. Then we took photos and then three hours later all the black paint was off my face. I opted out of wearing the black paint to work the next day.


So its the big day...get all dressed up and get in my car to drive to work...should of thought about this a little more....I had to wear my seatbelt illegally to drive to work and my legs were all over the place. My boss lady dressed up as a witch and brung in her black cat with her...the day seemed to creep by...I think that I had something to do with all the legs. 


Anyhow the real fun was starting once it got dark.  I got off work early and got the house all ready for the trick or treaters.  We had so many trick or treaters I thought I was going to have to run out to get more candy.


Trick or Treaters

Kaylee


Joslyn, Savannah, Dylan, Justin & Heather


I hope you enjoyed my Halloween Blog and pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment