Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Oct 2011 - Yummy

We had the pleasure of trying some new restaurants and some great food during the month of October.  They were so good, I decided to give them their own blog review.


NC Seafood Festival - Morehead City, NC


This festival has grown so much since I had last attended and actually looked around and viewed all the vendors items. We walked around for several hours...sampling and nippling on food. Arrived about lunch time...so Jon & I shared a seafood combo plate: crawfish, fried alligator bites, and fried shrimp. My fave was the crawfish...somehow I think I have some New Orleans roots that I don't know about. Jon really enjoyed the alligator bites, although they were a bit greasy. We also tried the twice baked seafood potato...this was so delicious and yummy. The potato had shrimp, onion, cheese, and bacon. And I'm not talking one of those small potatoes this one was about the size of my palm. A+ got to go!


Kate's Pancake House in Carolina Beach , NC


We ate breakfast here on a Saturday morning, they were extremely busy but it was well worth the wait. Jon & I both ordered breakfast platters. Bacon, grits, home fries, cheese eggs, and toast. I really enjoyed the bacon and grits the best. A+ if you are in the area you must try it.

Flaming Amy's in Wilmington, NC

This is similar to a Mexican restaurant with focus on burritos and nachos. Jon had a double beef stuffed burrito...with no rabbit food as he says. I had Nachos with beef, beans and all the fixings. I rate this place a A+...you really can't mess up Mexican food. This place has a great atmosphere and the food was awesome.

Shagger Jacks in Oak Island, NC

We enjoyed our dinner outside under the stars, it was a lovely evening. I had crab legs with melted butter. Jon had a bacon cheeseburger with fries. Mmmm Mmmm...my crabs were so good...but I had to work hard to get to the good stuff. For dessert...Key Lime Pie and Triple Chocolate Pie. Everything was excellent and I rate this place A+...the service was great, atmosphere was relaxing and laid back, food was great value for your money.

Taylor's Cafe in Southport, NC

A favorite among Jon & I...we have been here for breakfast & lunch. On this trip we had breakfast. There was a little wait...but well worth it. We decided to have the platters...eggs with cheese, bacon, ham, grits and home fries...the whole nine yards. This was one of the best breakfasts...I have ever eaten. So just in case you don't know they have the best lemonade I have ever tasted...has fresh fruit in it. A++ - Excellent doesn't even describe this place.

Crab's Claw in Morehead City, NC

My mom and I ate lunch here. This little place has views of the ocean and their food is delicious. For a starter my mom and I had coconut shrimp and jalapeno corn bread. For our meal we had a crab pot which includes corn on the cob, red potatoes, shrimp, crab, onions and carrots. A+ - Must try really good.


Thank you for reading my Yummy Blog.














No comments:

Post a Comment